spellbook of
+   identify   Light green spellbook
Appearance random
Spell type divination
Level 3
Turns to read 12
Power cost 15 Pw
Ink to write 15–29
Cost 300 zm
Weight 50

The spellbook of identify takes longer to read than other level 3 spells, but is no more difficult[1]. For characters with high intelligence/wisdom, a high level, and enough energy, this spell can supplant scrolls of identify.

Casting this spell will either identify all of your inventory (20% chance), or 1d4 items (80% chance). Skill does not matter for the effect but may affect your spellcasting failure rate. This is almost the same as a blessed scroll of identify, except that positive Luck does not guarantee at least two items.[2]

References Edit

  1. objects.c#line826
  2. read.c#line1034
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.