Certain types of monsters may be created with objects in their starting inventory appropriate to their species. A pretty comprehensive spoiler can be found here. Additionally, they may be eligible for a random offensive item, miscellaneous item, and/or defensive item.
In addition to any other items, monsters can also get armor. This includes all members of the Yendorian army, as well as guards, watchmen, watch captains, and mummies. Armor items spawned are based on a complex mechanism to approximate the target AC of the given creature.
- In addition, there is a unique 6 in 7 chance for a mummy to get a mummy wrapping.
Sometimes, random objects (death drops) can be found on a monster's corpse it did not have when alive if it was killed by the player. Also, golems, dragons, long worms, unicorns, and some unique monsters get certain appropriate non-random "death drops".
- Makemon.c#line1017 a few special cases
- Makemon.c#m_initweap mostly weapons and elven items
- Makemon.c#m_initinv armor and most other objects
- Muse.c#rnd_defensive_item magical defensive item
- Muse.c#rnd_misc_item magical "misc item"
- Muse.c#rnd_offensive_item magical offensive item
- Mplayer.c#mk_mplayer player monsters