This is a list of Japanese words used in the Samurai quest, and translations thereof. (Note: All Japanese words in the game are their own plural - so you speak of countless teki, seven samurai, etc.)
- Kami- god, spirit
- Teki- enemy
- Daimyo- lord
- Ronin- masterless samurai
- Kyokaku- city rebel
- Ryoshu- a leader of a large territory
- Shogun- warlord that effectively ruled all of Nippon
- Donjon- keep, estate
- Cha-no-you- tea ceremony
- Bushido- warrior code
- Sake, saki- rice wine
- -san- honorific, roughly equal to "mister," but gender-neutral
- -sama- honorific, more respectful than "san"
- Hara-kiri- ritual suicide by impaling oneself on one's sword
- Seppuku- another word for the same act
- Wakarimasu- understand, as in "do you understand?"
- Matsu- to wait
- Ikaga desu ka- how are you doing?
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.