Healing is recovery of lost hit points and is vital to your survival in NetHack.
Healing yourself Edit
You heal naturally over time, at a rate which increases with your constitution and experience level. Wearing a ring of regeneration causes you to heal 1 HP per turn in addition to your natural healing but also increases your food consumption by 50%.
When you need to heal fast, the following can come in handy. Some have other beneficial effects in addition to restoring your HP:
- potion of healing
- potion of extra healing
- potion of full healing
- healing spells
- prayer (less than 6 HP or less than or equal to 1/7 of your max HP is considered a major problem)
- eating a nurse corpse or a tin of nurse meat will fully restore your HP, but is cannibalism if you are human.
- eating a noncursed lump of royal jelly heals you by 1-20 HP
- one of the possible effects of sleeping with a foocubus is to "feel restored to health".
Healing others Edit
Sometimes it is useful to heal your pets. You can cast healing spells at them or hit them over the head with healing potions. In addition, monsters that can cast spells might have a healing spell in their repertoire of monster spells, but will only cast it on themselves.
SLASH'EM has several other ways to heal yourself and others:
- healing hands (Knight technique)
- surgery (Healer technique)
- medical kit
- wand of healing
- wand of extra healing