Being slimed ends your game after nine turns; however, you can cure the condition:
- Burn away the slime (either by being hit by a fire-based attack, such as zapping oneself with a wand of fire or reading a scroll of fire, or by polymorphing into a fiery monster)
- Casting cure sickness causes the slime to disappear
- Prayer is also effective at removing slime
- So is #invoking the Staff of Aesculapius
- An amulet of life saving will save you from the end result
- An amulet of unchanging will immediately abort the sliming process
- Safely polymorph into a green slime and play as one that way (inconsistent as this may seem). This is probably a Bad Idea, since green slimes are statistically poor monsters and haphazardly turning other monsters into slime is a good way to put yourself in a very dangerous situation when your polymorph wears off.
The only way to gain resistance to sliming, although not listed as a specific intrinsic, is to wear an amulet of unchanging. Conversely, the Wizard of Yendor and the Endgame Riders are not immune, either.
Note that the in-code description for green slime includes provision for a 0d0 sliming passive attack, but that as of 3.4.3, this has not been implemented.