Fumbling is a property acquired extrinsically by wearing gauntlets of fumbling or fumble boots. You also fumble when walking on ice unless you are wearing snow boots or are naturally cold resistant (e.g. a valkyrie or polymorphed into a winter wolf).
- Abuses dexterity every five turns.
- Every d20 turns, you'll slip or trip if you attempt to move that turn. If you're carrying more than a certain amount, you'll make noise and alert nearby monsters; if you're riding, you'll fall off.
- You fall when going downstairs.
- Your dexterity is abused if you try to move through a closed door.
- Saddling ridable monsters is less likely to succeed.
- Attempting to mount a steed will always fail.
- Digging with an implement may not succeed, and may cause it to hit you or be dropped.
- Your chance of disarming a dungeon trap is halved.
- You have no chance of disarming a chest or door trap.
- You have no chance of escaping traps.
- Setting traps can cause them to go off.
- Applying cans of grease can cause you to drop them.
- Reduces likelihood of applying a bullwhip having desired effect, and can make you drop it instead.
- Kicking monsters or objects is less likely to be successful.
- Mjollnir will hit a Valkyrie's arm rather than be caught on its return.
- Returning boomerangs will hit you rather than be caught.
- The following items will end up on the floor rather than in your inventory:
- potions of oil that you light (if one of several)
- wished-for items
- tins made with a tinning kit
- food from a horn of plenty
- scrolls of mail
- gems thrown at you while you're a unicorn
- items stolen as a nymph
- weapons snagged with a bullwhip
- arrows created by the Longbow of Diana
- saddles removed from a steed
- written scrolls and spellbooks.
|This page is based on a spoiler by Dylan O'Donnell. The original license is:
Redistribution, copying, and editing of these spoilers, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met: