This Forum has been archivedVisit Discussions
Nethack obsessives! I bring you Nethax! The Ajax powered Nethack experience. Please take a look at it and tell me what you think.
Ultraswank 00:11, 11 March 2009 (UTC)Ultraswank
Looks nice. But there are limitations.
- CTRL+D or CTRL+P cannot work
- vi keys don't work
- O (options) does not work (at least for unregistered player).
- If I select something from any dropdown box, then pressing arrow key will not only move my character, but also "scroll" through that menu (try setting focus away from menu).
- I do not see if numeric prefixes work (they seem not to).
- Why is command for picking up ' and not ,?
- "Loading" after each move is disturbing. I would not show it.
- Typing Extended command fills the field and if I continue typing I get something like "quituit"
Those I found after only few minutes of playing. But bringing it to web seems to be not a Bad Idea to do with NetHack. Although I doubt it will bring new players. --Stevko sk 05:53, 11 March 2009 (UTC)
I like the concept but it is missing many major commands such as naming and type-naming, as well as "calling," as per monster naming. It could use quite a few tweaks.
Ipslne 17:04, 11 March 2009 (UTC)