There are several commands in NetHack that use Ctrl key. Ctrl key allows sending some non-printable characters to NetHack. The Mac port uses Apple.
Commands that use CtrlEdit
- Press Ctrl + t to teleport.
- Press Ctrl + d to kick something.
- Press Ctrl + a to redo the previous command.
- Press Ctrl + p to repeat previous messages.
- Press Ctrl + c to quit game.
- Press Ctrl + r to redraw screen.
- Press Ctrl + x to show your attributes.
- Press Ctrl + z to suspend NetHack. (tty version only)
- Pressing Ctrl + [ or Ctrl + @ is equivalent to pressing ESC key (cancells commands).
- Pressing Ctrl with direction key will move that direction untill you are near something.
Several commands are available only in Wizard mode.
- Press Ctrl + e to search a room.
- Press Ctrl + f to map the level.
- Press Ctrl + g to create monster.
- Press Ctrl + i to identify all your items.
- Press Ctrl + o to show locations of special levels.
- Press Ctrl + v to levelport (pressing ? will show you menu with special levels).
- Press Ctrl + w to wish for an object.
- Press Ctrl + x to show your attributes and intrinsics.
- Ctrl + m acts in a same way as Ctrl + j
- Ctrl + s and Ctrl + q are sometimes used to pause and resume terminal output (tty version only). If NetHacks seems to stop respoding, try pressing Ctrl + q, especially if you use Screen program.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.